As I prepare to celebrate Thanksgiving this weekend, I wanted to share the top 10 things I’m thankful for as a dividend investor.
10. David Fish for creating the US Dividend Champions list and the owner of http://www.
dividendgrowthinvestingandreti rement.com who maintains the Canadian Dividend All-Star list.
9. Stock exchange regulators who do their best to ensure equal and timely access to all relevant information for investment decision making.
8. All the dividend and personal finance bloggers who provide informative, engaging, and timely content
7. Google for providing stock screening, watch list, and news alerts for free
6. Twitter for allowing me to create a personalized news feed that is more relevant than any electronic or print media
5. Every company that has a ‘Dividend’ section on their Investor Relations website and management that provides forward looking information on their dividend policies (i.e. Telus, Kinder Morgan, Enbridge, etc.)
4. The 24-hour news cycle that creates volatility in stock markets
3. Emotional investors, fund managers, and day traders who routinely sell me shares in great companies for less than I perceive them to be worth
2. My long-term time horizon that allows me to ride out any market downturns without losing sleep
1. The increasing flow of dividends into my investment accounts each month
Here’s wishing all my Canadian readers a relaxing and enjoyable Thanksgiving weekend! To all those readers outside of Canada, I’ll eat a little extra turkey and pie just for you ;-)
What are you thankful for as an investor?